Welcome to Jr Raiders Field Hockey 2018
Interested in playing one of the oldest and most treasured girls sports in the world?
Join the Hillsborough Jr Raiders Girls Field Hockey Program!
Our field hockey season runs from Mid-August through the first week of November 2018.
No prior experience necessary! Open to girls entering grades K-6
Come join in the fun and help in the growth of the Jr Raiders girl’s field hockey program!
Grades K-1 Mini Chix Instructional Clinics are every Sunday
Grades 2-6 Instructional NJPA Travel Teams (link) practice every Monday and Wednesday evenings
with games on Sunday afternoons
Registration is February 2018 through June 10, 2018
Coaching: The sport of field hockey will be introduced and reinforced in a motivating, enthusiastic atmosphere where fundamental skill building will be coupled with strategic game instruction. Practice will include stick work, concept drills, offensive and defensive game strategy, and conditioning.
The head coaches are knowledgeable and experienced in the sport of girl’s field hockey, most having played the sport themselves.
Interested in coaching? We will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know!! You will be mentored by an experienced field hockey coach
We looking for parent volunteers to join our tremendous coaching team!
Coaching also fulfills your work bond hours!
Jr Coaching and Jr Officials
Jr Coaches: We are looking for player volunteers Grade 7 and up to Jr Coach! We value the skill, wisdom and patience that our Jr Coaches bring to the field!
Jr Officials: We are looking for player volunteers Grade 9 and up to be Jr Officials! This is a paid position and we will train you to perform your best on the field to make our program's overall experience a great one!
If you are interested in either of these positions to help this program prosper, please contact us at: HGFH@jrraiders.org
We are happy to announce that our field hockey program has a home at:
Woodfield Park (Mr. C East Field- Corner of Amwell & Marshall Roads)
All practices and home games will be at this field
- Mini Chix K-1: Practices will be from 11am-12:15pm every Sunday at Mr C East Field.
- League games will take place on Sundays running from 1:00-2:00 pm or 2:00-3:00 pm depending on grade level. We take every measure to avoid having a bye week.
- Grades 2-6 Weeknight practices will be held on the following days:
- Little Stix Grades 2-4: Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:15p (Mr C East)
- Junior Stix Grades 5-6: Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:30p (Mr C East)
- *** There must be a concerted effort to make practices. It is expected that players will be attending practices regularly in order to be eligible to play league games***
- All age levels will have adult coaches and will be mentored by HHS Players who know the current game of field hockey.
ALL GRADE 2-6 PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND UNIFORM FITTING NIGHT!
There will only be ONE uniform fitting! Medical forms will be due on this night as well.
This will be:
> Date : TBA
> Start Time : 6:30 PM-9:30 PM
> Location : Hillsborough Elementary School
Any player who did not play during 2015-2018 lacrosse or field hockey season will need a new uniform.
Please have your player come dressed in something they can wear underneath the uniform as we do not have fitting rooms. Registration and uniform fees will be due this evening.
Due prior to start of season - see individual program registrations for due date
- Medical form must be completed by your medical provider. Your medical provider will need to sign and stamp the form.
- Only the Jr Raiders Medical form will be accepted. Link for medical form: Medical Form
- Medical form must be on file before your child can participate in any practices or games. Any child without a completed medical form on file before the first practice will not be allowed to participate.
- Medical forms are kept on file and are good for 1 year from the date of your child's last physical exam. If the form expires during the season, it must be updated.
- PLEASE KEEP A COPY OF YOUR CHILD'S MEDICAL FORM FOR YOUR RECORDS AND FOR YOUR NEXT SEASON SPORT'S MEDICAL FORM NEEDS!
Uniform consists of: (player numbers are assigned by Jr Raiders by graduation year. Please inform us if there is a specific request between siblings)
- Sleeveless Tank- With child's name and assigned number on back
- Long-sleeved Compression Shirt- With child's name and assigned number on back
- Kilt- With child's number on side
- (Optional) Compression shorts- with child's number on side (in lieu of these shorts your child may wear mid-thigh black shorts)
All uniform pieces can be purchased individually or as a uniform set at uniform fittings
- K-1: Black shorts and/or leggings, black sports bra (if needed) and black long sleeved cold weather top to be worn under provided tshirts.
- Grades 2-6: Black tube socks or you may purchase maroon team socks. Team uniform is required as described above.
ALL AGE LEVELS MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING to EVERY game and practice:
- LOTS of water
- Inhaler and Epipen with child's name on them if child is prescribed these.
- Mouth Guard - not clear or white (MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS A BACKUP IN HER BAG)! All coaches will have spare to sell in the EMERGENCY event that your child does not bring hers.
- Soft Shin Guards (preferably black)
- Soccer Cleats
- Goggles for Grades 2-6 (K-1 Not required but strongly recommended)
- Field Hockey Stick- Link for example If you would like to buy your own stick, see the table below.
Field Hockey Stick Swap Program
- If you would like to participate in our Jr Raiders Field Hockey Stick Swap Program (this is a first-come, first-served program), please let us know (
) when you will need your stick by if you are doing pre-season clinics. We will arrange a time to meet!
- If you are new to the sport and not looking to buy your own stick yet, you may also take part in this program. We will lend you a stick, free of charge! Let us know at:
Family Work Bond
This program is not able to run without the help of our generous and dedicated Jr Raiders Field Hockey parents!!
- Each family is asked to contribute 4 hours of volunteer service by signing up at www.signup.com where plenty of EASY volunteer opportunities will be posted.
- ALL COACHING AND PERMANENT PROGRAM POSITIONS WILL HAVE FULFILLED THEIR WORK BOND HOURS (i.e. Events Coordinator, Directors, Apparel Coordinator (this position is open for a volunteer!), Stick Swap Coordinator, Team Parent, etc)
- All hours will be tracked by Jr Raiders. Upon completion of 4 hours of service the work bond will be considered to have been earned. Refunds are distributed at the end of the season.
If a volunteer is unable to complete an assignment they must go to SignUp.com and cancel at least 24 hours prior to assignment.
4. In order for volunteer time to be recorded, it is the VOLUNTEER'S responsibility to sign into their assignment at www.signup.com when filling any volunteer assignment.
Failing to do so may result in unrecorded hours which will not be considered for work bond refunds or roll over.
5. A full 4 hours must be worked to get your families work bond refund. If the full 4 hours aren't worked and recorded the work bond will be forfeited and no refund or roll over will be given.
If you have children in other Fall Jr Raiders Sports, the 4 hours will be cumulatively added between the multiple teams volunteer hours.
Registration may be completed by Clicking Here