Welcome to Jr Raiders Field Hockey 2019
Interested in playing one of the oldest and most treasured girls sports in the world?
Join the Hillsborough Jr Raiders Girls Field Hockey Program!
Our field hockey season runs from Mid-August through the first week of November 2019.
No prior experience necessary! Open to girls entering grades K-8
Come join in the fun and help in the growth of the Jr Raiders girl’s field hockey program!
Grades K-1 Mini Chix Instructional Clinics are every Sunday 11a-12:15p
Grades 2-8 practice every Monday and Wednesday evening
with games on Sunday afternoons
Registration is March 2019 through June 10, 2018
To reach us, press the contact us tab under the Field Hockey bar or press this link: Contact Us
Coaching (Head & Assistant)
Coaching: The sport of field hockey will be introduced and reinforced in a motivating, enthusiastic atmosphere where fundamental skill building will be coupled with strategic game instruction. Practice will include stick work, concept drills, offensive and defensive game strategy, and conditioning.
The head coaches are knowledgeable and experienced in the sport of girl’s field hockey, most having played the sport themselves.
Interested in coaching? We will teach you EVERYTHING you need to know!! You will be mentored by an experienced field hockey coach
We looking for parent volunteers to join our tremendous coaching team!
Coaching also fulfills your work bond hours!
Coaches are required to attend Rutgers SAFETY Training. SAFETY TRAINING WEBSITE
This website is updated monthly and Hillsborough hosts several of these trainings throughout the year and before each season change. THIS IS A ONE AND DONE TRAINING.
If you are interested in either of these positions to help this program prosper, please contact us at: HGFH@jrraiders.org
Jr Coaching and Jr Officials
Jr Coaches: We are looking for player volunteers Grade 9 and up to Jr Coach! We value the skill, wisdom and patience that our Jr Coaches bring to the field!
If you are interested, please contact us at: HGFH@jrraiders.org
We are happy to announce that our field hockey program has a home at:
Woodfield Park (Mr. C East Field- Corner of Amwell & Marshall Roads)
All practices and home games will be at this field
Smoking is strictly prohibited on and around our fields and our players!!
- Mini Chix K-1: Practices will be from 11am-12:15pm every Sunday at Mr C East Field.
- League games will take place on Sundays running from 1:00-2:00 pm or 2:00-3:00 pm depending on grade level. We take every measure to avoid having a bye week.
- Grades 2-8 Weeknight practices will be held on the following days:
- Little Stix Grades 2-4: Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:00p (Mr C East)
- Junior Stix Grades 5-6: Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:30p (Mr C East)
- Senior Stix Grades 7-8: Mondays and Wednesdays 7:30p-8:30p (Mr C East)
- *** There must be a concerted effort to make practices. It is expected that players will be attending practices regularly in order to be eligible to play league games***
- All age levels will have adult coaches and will be mentored by HHS Players who know the current game of field hockey.
OUR PREVIOUS UNIFORMS HAVE RETIRED!
ALL GRADE 2-8 PLAYERS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE NEW UNIFORMS THROUGH UNIVERSAL LACROSSE (DATES WILL BE ANNOUNCED).
Uniform is a reversible top and skirt=$62 Other pieces will be available at an additional charge
(IF YOU BOUGHT A NEW UNIFORM FOR 2019 LACROSSE THIS IS THE SAME UNIFORM)
Medical forms will be due before practice's start.
Due prior to start of season - see individual program registrations for due date
Uniform consists of: (player numbers are assigned by Jr Raiders by graduation year. Please inform us if there is a specific request between siblings)
- Sleeveless Tank- With child's name and assigned number on back
PLEASE LABEL ALL APPAREL AND EQUIPMENT WITH YOUR CHILDS NAME
- K-1: Black shorts and/or leggings, black sports bra (if needed) and black long sleeved cold weather top to be worn under provided tshirts.
- Grades 2-8: Black/maroon & white tube socks or you may purchase maroon team socks. Team uniform is required as described above.
ALL AGE LEVELS MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING to EVERY game and practice:
- LOTS of water
- Inhaler and Epipen with child's name on them if child is prescribed these.
- Mouth Guard - not clear or white (MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD HAS A BACKUP IN HER BAG)! All coaches will have spare to sell in the EMERGENCY event that your child does not bring hers.
- Soft Shin Guards (preferably black)
- Soccer Cleats
- Goggles for Grades 2-6 (K-1 Not required but strongly recommended) Make sure the goggles are ASTM certified
- Field Hockey Stick- Link for example If you would like to buy your own stick, see the table below. Stick should be hip level
Field Hockey Stick Swap Program
- If you would like to participate in our Jr Raiders Field Hockey Stick Swap Program (this is a first-come, first-served program), please let us know. We will annouce periodic stick swap dates.
Family Work Bond
This program is not able to run without the help of our generous and dedicated Jr Raiders Field Hockey parents!!
- Each family is asked to contribute 3 hours of volunteer service by signing up at www.signup.com where plenty of EASY volunteer opportunities will be posted.
- ALL COACHING AND PERMANENT PROGRAM POSITIONS WILL HAVE FULFILLED THEIR WORK BOND HOURS (i.e. Events Coordinator, Directors, Apparel Coordinator (this position is open for a volunteer!), Stick Swap Coordinator, Team Parent, etc)
- All hours will be tracked by Jr Raiders. Upon completion of 4 hours of service the work bond will be considered to have been earned. Refunds are distributed at the end of the season.
If a volunteer is unable to complete an assignment they must go to SignUp.com and cancel at least 24 hours prior to assignment.
4. In order for volunteer time to be recorded, it is the VOLUNTEER'S responsibility to sign into their assignment at www.signup.com when filling any volunteer assignment.
Failing to do so may result in unrecorded hours which will not be considered for work bond refunds or roll over.
5. A full 4 hours must be worked to get your families work bond refund. If the full 4 hours aren't worked and recorded the work bond will be forfeited and no refund or roll over will be given.
If you have children in other Fall Jr Raiders Sports, the 3 hours will be cumulatively added between the multiple teams volunteer hours.
Registration for ALL field hockey programs may be completed by Clicking Here
* Grades K-1 Early Bird Price thru July 15 K-1 Registration ends August 1st.
* Grades 2-8 registration closes June 10 CLOSED
Introduction to Field Hockey: Minis (Grades K-1 as of Fall 2018) registration: Click Here
Field Hockey Program - (Grades 2-4 as of Fall 2018) registration: Click Here CLOSED
Field Hockey Program - (Grades 5-6 as of Fall 2018) registration: Click Here CLOSED
Work Bond for Grades 2-6 registration: Click Here
Field Hockey Adult Coach & Assistant Coach Registration: Click Here
Field Hockey Jr Coach Registration: Click Here